I know, I know. We’re breaking all the rules of good blogging. First, we don’t talk to you for two months. (So sorry. Hope you’ve had an excellent summer, and that fall is off to a winning start!) And the last time we did blog, it was to announce that we were putting the entire kigo footwear site on sale.
We’re back again to talk about – what else? – ourselves. Yes, we’re ashamed. We’ve been terrible bloggers. Does admitting it make it better? How about apologizing sincerely, with head hung low?
I hope so, because we’ve got something really FUN to announce and it is for YOU!
Not that regular kigos are boring, but compared to custom painted kigos…well…it reads like a real ‘Before/After’ story, doesn’t it? Here’s the catch. We’ll provide the shoes, but it’s up to you to bring the color.
We won’t promise that customizing your kigos can make life better. We can promise it will make it more fun, more funky – and definitely more you.
How to do it…
1. Treat your clean kigos with a spray-on or add-in fixative to make the paint permanent in cold water. (We like Versatex, which is mixed into the paint in small quantities.)
2. Get creative! One suggestion…draw your design before you paint.
3. Paint your kigos with fabric paint, which you can find at your favorite craft shop. (We like Pebeo Setacolor Opaque Fabric Paint.) Use as many layers as you need in order to get the desired color vibrancy.
4. Here’s the hard part… Let the paint sit for 24 hours to dry well.
5. Wear em! Shock and awe. Get noticed. Get funky.
Why to do it…
By September 28, if you buy a pair of kigo footwear shoes, paint them and send us a photograph of your creation along with an initialed submission form, you will:
1. Get a second pair of kigos FREE, just for sending us your photo, order number and Custom kigo Rules & Submission Form.
2. Have your kigo design promoted in our online Gallery (launching late September) and via social media.
3. Be entered into the voting to win best custom kigo, taking place the week of October 1.
4. Everyone who votes is entered into a drawing to win a custom pair designed by the winning artist.
The winning artist will:
1. Work with the kigo footwear team to produce a pair of custom kigos for the winning voter.
2. Receive another pair to keep or paint.
3. Have the opportunity to be the first to receive special Artist Deal pricing to help with producing more custom creations to sell.
Send your designs and submission form via email to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to share your genius via your favorite social media outlets – Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter are our faves!
Use the tag #customkigo (and @kigofootwear for Twitter)
CLICK HERE: Custom kigo Rules & Submission Form